We know this is a really difficult time for artists, art students and early career art professionals in Northern Ireland. With everything on pause, it’s hard to make career development plans, or even to feel inspired in artistic practice. So, over the next few weeks the Golden Thread Gallery curatorial team, Director Peter Richards and Exhibitions Officer Mary Stevens, will be discussing the processes involved in exhibition making in the Gallery, via recorded Zoom chats.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain insight into GTG’s process of building a programme of contemporary visual art in Belfast.
Some of the topics they’ll explore:
- GTG’s vision and purpose
- The visual art sector in NI
- The curatorial motivations behind building an annual programme of exhibitions
- Working with artists to ensure good collaborations
- How can an artist introduce themselves to curators
- Establishing a career as a curator in NI
- Future thinking
We would also like to invite YOU to send us your questions for Peter and Mary about contemporary exhibition making.
Artists, visitors, students, enthusiasts… please email [email protected]