Golden Thread Gallery opens 11-5 Tuesdays to Fridays, and 11-4 on Saturdays. Booking is not required, but we ask all visitors to follow the safety measures in place under current Covid-19 restrictions.
From Monday 29th November this includes asking all visitors to provide Proof of Covid Status.**
Please go to Reception when you arrive at the Gallery, and show us one of the following:
- Proof of Vaccination: Covid Cert NI QR code (Covid Passport) OR Vaccination card
- Negative Lateral Test: Text / email confirmation within previous 48 hours from NHS / HSC NI
- Previous Positive Result: Text / email confirmation from NHS / HSC NI
- Participation in a Clinical Trial: Text / email confirmation from NHS / HSC NI
- Medical Exemption: Letter / text / email from NHS / HSC NI / NI Direct
- We will also take your contact details for track & trace. Your information is retained for 14 days only, and then destroyed.
- All visitors are requested to wear a mask / face-covering at all times, unless you have a medical exemption.
- Please sanitise your hands upon entry and when leaving the gallery.
- Only one toilet is available for visitor use at this time.
- If you (or any member of your party) have been feeling unwell, or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not enter.
We will have one accessible bathroom available to visitors only. If you have any other accessibility needs, please let us know in advance and we will do our utmost to facilitate you.
If you have any questions or concerns, or need help, please ask one of the team! We want to make your return to the gallery as enjoyable and safe as we can!
Accessibility and Social Story
We want to make all our visitors welcome, and are committed to making the gallery as accessible as possible. Should you need assistance in planning your visit please ask at reception, or contact us in advance on firstname.lastname@example.org
The gallery is happy to accommodate groups and offers guided gallery tours free of charge. Please contact the gallery at least one week in advance if you wish to make a booking. During gallery opening hours staff are here to answer your questions.
- The gallery space is fully accessible for wheelchair users, with a ramp entrance and level landing.
- Blue Badge parking is available outside our venue, with a drop kerb.
- There is a wheelchair accessible toilet in our venue.
Braille versions of our exhibition guides can be provided, please request in advance.
We offer audio descriptive tours of our exhibitions, please book at least one week in advance.
Large print handouts
All exhibition handouts are available in large print from Gallery reception.
An audio T-Loop is available at reception – the hearing aid user needs to switch their hearing aid to the ‘T-position’. T-Loop is an assistive listening system that takes a sound source and transfers it directly to hearing aid without background noise, interference or distortion.
Family Friendly Venue
We welcome visitors of all ages! Buggies and prams can be left beside reception. Breast-feeding mums are welcome. Please note: some exhibitions may require parental discretion.
Baby Changing Unit
Baby changing facilities are available in our accessible bathroom.
Sensory Issues – noise and lights
Gallery staff at reception can advise you about exhibition content, including lights / darkness / sounds and other sensory elements. We also have sets of ear defenders available to borrow at reception.
Visitors with autism We’ve created a unique social story to help make visiting the gallery, understanding safety measures and engaging with visual art, easier and more enjoyable for young visitors who have autism. You can download it here:
The gallery is on the edge of Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter and the old Sailortown district, just across the Dunbar Link. There are safe pedestrian road crossings at several points along the road, with convenient public parking available at Dunbar Street (pay and display), High Street and St Anne’s Square.
The Golden Thread Gallery is accessible by public transport – see the journey planner on http://www.translink.co.uk
If you have any questions, please do let us know. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Thread!