Golden Thread Gallery seeks applications from 16-24 year olds on the JobStart NI Scheme for a new part-time role: Gallery Front of House Assistant. This is a great opportunity to build professional skills & experience in one of Northern Ireland’s leading contemporary visual art galleries.
For full details, including how to apply, please visit the JobStart NI website and search ‘Golden Thread’. Please send us a CV AND a letter telling us why you want to work with the Gallery and detailing, with examples where possible, how you fulfil the criteria for the role. These appear on the vacancy job ad on the JobStart website, and are included below for reference.
Essential skills and experience
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C or above)
- Computer competencies including Microsoft Word, Excel, email
- Experience (paid or unpaid) of working with the public e.g., retail, customer service, catering, charity volunteering, community work
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload as part of a busy team, and stay calm under pressure
- Ability to adapt to new challenges
- Good verbal communication skills i.e., ability to be courteous and helpful in-person and on the phone
- Good written communication skills i.e., ability to record messages or take notes clearly and accurately
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of using social media
- Enthusiasm and interest in the Arts
- Experience assisting with events (e.g., tours, talks, festivals, quizzes)
JOBSTART IS OPEN TO 16-24 YEAR OLDS. If you are on UC contact your Work Coach via your Journal. If you are in receipt of JSA, IS or ESA phone a Work Coach on 0300 200 7807. If you are 18-24 years and not in receipt of benefits phone 0300 200 7807.
JobStart NI is a Department of Communities initiative.
Golden Thread Gallery is supported by