Golden Thread Gallery
Job Title: Gallery Assistant Apprenticeship
Golden Thread Gallery is a contemporary art gallery whose mission is: Creating a context, challenging perceptions, promoting creativity, delivering contemporary visual art for all.
This post is funded by the Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme, supported by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Belfast City Council Tourism Culture & Arts Unit.
Hours of work: 21 hpw
Working hours: The standard working hours will vary according to demand but will average out at 84 hours across each 4 week period e.g. 2 weeks of 18 hours and 2 weeks of 24 hours. As a result, a significant degree of flexibility is required from the post holder to meet the demands of the gallery and to maximise the opportunity for experience.
Wage: £6.70 per hour
Time Period: 2 yrs
Job Outline: Many of the skills needed to work in a gallery can only be gained through on-the-job learning, so the apprenticeship will cover a range of areas including: gallery administration; hospitality; condition reporting; artist liaison; gallery preparation.
- Applicants must have Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) grades C or above
- Applicants please note this position is under the criteria of ApprenticeshipNI provision and you must be between the ages of 18-24 to be eligible
- Applicants must have a demonstrable interest in the arts or cultural sector
- Applicants must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- A positive attitude and friendly demeanor suitable for working with the public
- Previous experience of working with the public
Apprenticeships: The role of Apprentice Gallery Assistant is an apprenticeship position enabling the post holder to gain a Level 3 Cultural Venue Operations apprenticeship. The post holder will be required to undertake training during the apprenticeship. Ongoing satisfactory study and work is a fundamental element of this training role.
For more information, see www.goldenthreadgallery.co.uk
To apply: please download the application form from www.goldenthreadgallery.co.uk or email to request a form. Fill it in and return it to email@example.com with Apprentice Gallery Assistant Application in the subject field
Deadline for applications: 05 October 2016, 4pm
Apprenticeship Application Form HERE – apprentice-application-form-final