Between Two Worlds
Between Two Worlds is an ever changing exhibition for an ever changing world. Get a sense of the energy that fires campaigns such as Hands off our Public Services, Frack Off, Reclaim the Agenda and the Empty Purse Campaign. Incorporating footage of Paula Geraghty’s prolific documenting of demonstrations and protests all over Ireland, Between Two Worlds has been designed to showcase solidarity and participation. Get in on the action, connect with campaigns from Peru to Portadown, map your own activism and see where it takes you.
By questioning the contrasts and inequalities that exist on our doorsteps and connecting them with international campaigns Between Two Worlds brings out an alternative narrative and reminds us that another world is possible.
Between Two Worlds will explode onto the walls of Golden Thread Gallery on the 28th April and from there will grow organically, democratically and freely until it is officially launched on Thursday 7th May between 6pm and 8pm.
Between Two Worlds can be viewed in different ways:
- A place to refresh your graffiti skills with a piece of chalk
- An opportunity highlight a campaign you are involved in
- Backdrop to a talk, meeting or a screening
- Venue for workshops (badge making machine, paper, drawing materials available)
- Space for contemplation
- Space for asking questionsIf you would like to make something happen Between Two Worlds, contact Ruth on 028 90330920, email Ryan.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would prefer to come along to an event that has already been organised Between Two Worlds offers:
- 7pm, Tuesday 28th April: Alliance for Choice: Film Screenings
- 7pm, Thursday 30th April: Belfast and District Trades Union Council Annual May Day Lecture with best-selling author Kerry-Anne Mendoza
- 6pm – 8pm, Thursday 7th May, Official Launch of Between Two Worlds