Golden Thread Gallery is seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join us as Exhibitions Officer. This is a fixed-term contract for maternity cover, ending no later than 31st March 2022. The application deadline is Friday 14th May.
The GTG is Belfast’s largest dedicated contemporary art gallery. With a small team, the gallery delivers a wide range of outputs, including large-scale exhibitions, a project space programme, educational and engagement activities and offsite projects.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work with the Golden Thread Gallery are open to all. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation and any other equality characteristics. We particularly encourage applications from people who identify from ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, d/Deaf, disabled, neuro-diverse, have long-term health condition/s or are from a lower socio-economic background, as people from these groups are currently underrepresented in the cultural sector.
The primary role of the Exhibitions Officer is to work with the Director and Deputy Director in the delivery of the gallery’s annual programme. This will include liaising with artists, institutions and funders, general administration and visitor experience.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the gallery’s exhibitions programme, supporting the Director and Deputy Director
- Liaising with artists, organisations and institutions to organise loans and contracts relevant to the gallery’s exhibitions.
- Creating and maintaining exhibition files, digital and hard copy, relating to the gallery’s exhibitions.
- Organise the delivery of the gallery’s yearly programme alongside the director.
- Write, proof and disseminate PR materials for the gallery programme, including press releases, gallery texts, and social media content.
- Liaising with artists, galleries and other institutions to facilitate the gallery’s programme
- Contributing to the monitoring and evaluation of gallery activities
- Compile and record outcomes and outputs of exhibitions according to funding requirements
- Contributing to funding applications
- Taking minutes for Board meetings when required
- Communicating with stakeholders via email, telephone and face-to-face
- General administration across the range of gallery activities.
Access and Participation
- To assist at gallery receptions and events
- Contributing to the publicity and marketing of the gallery’s activities
- Welcoming visitors to the gallery and when necessary, assisting in preparing the gallery for audiences.
- To conduct Gallery Tours, i.e., with school groups, of the Golden Thread Gallery exhibitions
Any other duties necessary for the successful completion of the post. Unsociable hours may apply.
Please download the full Recruitment Pack with criteria below. Completed applications are to be returned by email using the original Word document: hard copies will not be considered. The separate Disclosure and Monitoring Form must also be returned by email.
All applicants MUST complete both forms provided and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use the personal specification and job description to assist you in your answers.
- Be clear and concise and do not expect assessors to make assumptions based on previous answers.
- Candidates will be assessed against the essential and desirable criteria – these may be enhanced.
- Please do not enclose any other materials or CVs as they will not be accepted.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure their application arrives in time and in the appropriate format.
The deadline for completed forms to be received is 5pm on Friday 14th May 2021. Late applications will not be considered.